Java to Sumatra Ferry Instructions
Since the Ministry of Transportation spokesperson Adita Irawati announced that all public and private transportation by air, land, and sea would be banned back on April 24th. Flights, ground transportation and ferries have recently been reopening during a recent rise of infections. Indonesia has recorded more than 1,000 infections every day for the past few weeks. Despite these warnings, an online-based ferry ticket reservation application called Ferizy was officially launched on July 24th at the Merak Executive Port, in Banten.
How to get to Ferry in Banten from Soekarno Hatta International Airport
On the other hand, the tourism Ministry supports the use of the application because they believe connectivity is one of the main supporting factors in the development of tourism and the creative economy in Indonesia.
“Ferizy, which can be accessed or on Google Playstore (not available for iPhone), is supposed to speed things up while conveniently offering ferry ticket reservation services online. The tourism Ministry also hopes the ferry terminal will connect with other public transportation services like the Trans Sumatra Toll Road which connects Java and Sumatra.
So if you are one of those risk-takers in dire need to go exploring during Indonesia’s largest increase in coronavirus infections, you can buy ferry tickets easier than ever by following these simple steps:
- Open the website www.ferizy.co or download the application on Google Playstore.
- Log in or register according to the e-mail you have.
- Choose the schedule, type of service, and type of vehicle or passenger class. You have to make sure your vehicle type is correct, then click on the message and look for the schedule.
- Fill in your booking data and all passengers in accordance with their identification card. It is important to fill this section out completely and correctly.
- Click to continue and confirm the order. Make sure all the data that you fill is correct.
- Clicking on payment options; ATM, Link Aja, Alfamart, Yomart, Post Office, Pawnshop, or mobile / internet banking.
- Your e-ticket will be sent via e-mail.
Furthermore, after you get to the port and before boarding the ship, you must scan your boarding right at the port through the QR Code available on the e-ticket.
The port on the Northern tip of Java is called Merak which you can reach by train from Jakarta if you don’t have a car. The train station is adjacent to the port. The total cost for the train is 10,000 IDR for business class and takes about 3 hours. Alternatively, there is also a Damri Bus that connects Jakarta and Merak. From Merak, ferries run to the port of Bakauheni on Sumatra every 20 minutes during the day which takes 2 hours to get to Sumatra. Be aware that ferry trips can be canceled due to rough seas.
Other stories and info about COVID-19 in Indonesia here: How to survive a Bali quarantine
Ilustrasi: kapal ferry(Alfian Kartono) Artikel ini telah tayang di Kompas.com dengan judul “Cara Beli Tiket Kapal Feri secara Online di Aplikasi Ferizy”, https://money.kompas.com/read/2020/07/25/180100326/cara-beli-tiket-kapal-feri-secara-online-di-aplikasi-ferizy. Penulis : Kiki Safitri Editor : Yoga Sukmana Akses Kompas.com lebih cepat dan mudah melalui aplikasi Google Play: https://bit.ly/3g85pkA Apple App Store: https://apple.co/3hXWJ0L